The first development on Lake Cushman was the Rose Farm, followed by the Antlers Hotel in 1895. The lake was named for Orington Cushman, interpreter for Governor Issac Stevens when treaties were being negotiated with local Indian tribes.
Lodge built on Lake Cushman in 1895. View southwest showing Mt. Ellinore in the background
The dam at Lake Cushman, owned by the City of Tacoma, began operating in May 1926. The rising water flooded the Antlers Lodge.
The Antlers Hotel Post Card
This page was last updated: July 2, 2013